The thought of making a Biryani would scare me in the past. So many herbs and spices- all needed in just the right amounts. To make it easier for myself I developed this all-in-one mix. Now making a mouth watering Biryani is a doddle!
Below is my quick method for making a delicious traditional Biryani (without the hassle!)
What you need:
- 3 Pots
- 5-6 tablespoons Oil
- 3-4 medium sized Onions (Chopped or sliced)
- 3 Cups of Rice
- 1 Kg Chicken, Meat, Prawns or Veg
- 2-3 Tomatoes (Can use tinned)
- 250g Greek Yoghurt
- Fresh Coriander to garnish
How to make a delicious Biryani:
1. Add the Oil and Onions to a pot
2. Let this brown on medium heat
3. Add in Naz's Biryani Mix Pouch and stir
4. Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of water and stir
5. Add tomatoes and mix
6. Add yoghurt and stir to create a thick paste
7. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes
8. Add your choice of chicken, meat or veg
9. Cover and simmer until chicken, meat or veg is cooked
10. In a separate pot, boil rice in water.
(don't fully cook it- around 75% will do. The rest will be cooked in the next stage!)
11. Grab yourself another pot and let's begin the layering!
12. Place half the contents of Pot 1 into it
13. Place half the rice over the top, repeat.
14. Garnish with coriander and cover with tea towel.
15. Place lid over the top and cook for 10-15 mins on low heat.
Paprika, Turmeric, Coriander, Garlic Powder, Cloves, Fenugreek, Mustard, Ginger Powder, Black Cardamom, Curry Leaf, Fennel, Cumin Powder, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Star Anise, Rapeseed Oil, Sunflower Oil, Salt, Bay Leaves, Naz's Special Mix. ALLERGENS IN BOLD